Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hand Sanitizer On Pacifier



you I told you so!


photo school Sept. 2010: Thomas 9 years

How much do you learn by association? and if we add those acquired by extrapolation? Now imagine that you can not do neither one nor the other ....


8:15 am, a morning in school ...
Mom "Thomas or is your hat? "
Thomas:" I like it! I will not put! "
Mom:" It's cold outside. Go! We must leave! (For school) Put on your hat! "
Thomas:" No! I want to put my hat. She is ugly! I hate her! I WANT A NO !!!!!""
breathe ... two breaths ... three breaths ....
Mom: "Good. So much the worse! You will cold! And do not complain!"

pm 3:45 p.m., a return to school ...
Mom: "So Tom, do you got cold?
Thomas:" No! Are my ugly hat! I want to! "
Mom:" Well ... OK! no worries! "


8:15 the next day ... Thomas has his head on the famous" hat ugly - will not - I hate !"....
Mom In the car: "It's hotter today than yesterday. "
Thomas:" Yes, but I'm cold! "
Ha! Well, well ..... My little grin earned me a look of Thomas in my rearview mirror .... :-)

Normally, my children would end up abdicating, even to do anything further to prove that I twist ... and them, right! The famous hat would have been lost, stolen, thrown in the trash by the Sandman and I do not know, but never, never! she would re-emerged on the child's head the next day ... But not Tom ...

course, wearing a hat will give rise to a few platitudes, attitudes, or faces against me. But in fact there acquiring a lesson. Thomas has learned from his experience!

At 9 years, Tom does not have any sophisticated analysis of the situation (which will most likely instinctively to adulthood). And as he does not learn by association (cold + hot hat = hot ... er ?? what kind of hot? ? the same from when I put on a sweater? or whoever becomes red and So he burns ???)... need experiment !

Ayayaye! Experimenting .... But what parent let his son risking a cold because he has experience? Not easy .... not really clear ... Of course, one must know how to balance, and there are experiences that we can not afford. Although, come to think, there is not that much, when are supervised ...

I do not always realize how the difficulty of learning by association and / or extrapolation (the red circle of the stove is hot, so the lighter the red car should be warm) is present in his daily. I do not always realize that it is beneficial or even necessary that Tom live situations for him to learn and increase his "image database" of personal stories.

And this is true for all children. Our offspring may learn to ride a bicycle in falling! So it only assimilate the concept of balance. However, for our children Aspis is in each of the mini details of their lives they must live experiments. I sometimes forget how big it is!

Be sincere: a cold does not kill. Ultimately, he did learn that sooner! For a mother who said no protective, I must note (!) Suddenly hard it is to allow our children to learn aspis by themselves. As a parent, I must learn to let Tom try. And this despite the established social rules that require a parent child are protected in all circumstances ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment