Sunday, October 17, 2010

Coin Pusher Game, California

Recruitment by the transit network in my town: 3) 2nd interview

A fortnight after the interview with the psychologist recruiter, I received a call from the operations manager of the transportation company, informing me that my application was selected for further events. Indeed, I am called 5-6 weeks later for two interviews and a driving test. Four months of delay between the start of recruitment and the latest round of talks, which itself precedes the entry into actual function of several months, that's what we call a company with "a long-term vision ;-)

mid-September so I actually find myself in the corporate offices for a day marathon at intervals of two hours will succeed a face with two group leaders, a face HRD, and a test drive in a van. My faith is pretty good saw ... I have always been in favor of passing the difficult tests as quickly as possible, and I prefer to do away once and for all with the talks rather than having to return for three successive days. For their part, I think that putting the driving test in the afternoon after two interviews lets see how we cope with a bit of fatigue and stress in the legs.

one viewpoint dress, knowing the slightly "stuffy" office of the company to have set foot in May for my EMT , I can not however still not bring myself to put a suit for a job as a driver. But I decide to do what's most stylish without falling into a suit and tie. Dressed all in black, I wear dress pants super well cut and a nice black striped shirt, tucked in the pants this time. Class, discreet, nickel. In fact, I'm in costume but without a tie and I take it is still good to leave the coat at home. Once again I'm lucky and I think I did fly. Indeed, that day my interlocutors are dressed the same way, frankly see more cool. The costume would probably have been too much.

First interview: duo group leaders

Without doubt one of the most difficult conversations I ever knew. Clearly, the two leaders have a role to play: one that will remain stoically staring at me throughout the interview that the second attempt to remove all of my comments throughout the duration thereof. Having traveled extensively and held many different professions in the past, I quickly understand that my role will be to convince them of my desire (réelle!) ask me now and get into this profession in the long term. It is clear that officials fear ending up with a CR unmanageable, unstable, or who does as he pleases. In fact it is not my case: I'm pretty good dough and reliable, but in general curious about life and never feared to find myself in need, it explains my eclectic. Now to convince them, we try to push me in my corner. For example, people ask me why I do not want to pursue art as I did before I answer it presented such a disadvantage, I was suddenly cut off and I am told that this is wrong! Obviously it is unsettling, even when I know what I mean ... So I refine my explanation and seeing that it is possible break me on this subject, it cuts me to speak again shortly to follow up on something else. Another example: I was wondering if I can still see myself as a CR in 30 years. Of course it is a question that is difficult to answer (who knows what can happen in 30 years), but my faith I do not see a priori no objection and began to convince them ... I get asked 2-3 sub-questions in order to have me continue in this direction, and wham! Suddenly one of the officials closed the vote and I understand that the CR often become disgruntled after some years of service, and that the company cares (texto!) whether we stay at home longer or not, that in any case it is not they who pay the job training but Pole ... So, why bother spending 5 minutes trying to find out if I still saw myself in 30 years ...?

short, I could still give many examples that have occurred during this maintenance schedules for one hour intense. But to summarize, I think the main goals of this test were to test the consistency of my motivation, to check my resistance to stress, my composure, and my good mood. I even feel somewhat the actual content of my answers were not always important and it was only a pretext to find a way I "pushed around" a bit and watch my reaction.

I stayed cool and smiling all the way and, though a bit taken aback on several occasions, I managed to keep a positive attitude. Honestly, I'm not in their heads but I think that was the most important and it has borne fruit. The highlight of the show was, after these questions so still relatively aggressive, asking me how I found the interview. In all honesty, I responded tit for tat "oh, it went very well!". In fact, I was proud to have kept a good attitude despite the rather restrictive. I think this response was also crucial because basically, when we spent a day driving with customers who do not greet you, moaning because it is not moving fast enough or insult you because you do not let not enter the bus with a 3 meter cabinet, and although it is important to have enough in itself positive energy to stay cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment