Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Will My Dickies Shrink



The fruit of labor .. .

I know ... I do not often give our new ... So let me reassure you: I'm very well!

What New Year! This is the first of 5 is good. What am I saying? It is Excellent! And thanks to the arrival of new players. In fact, we lived at night. Today we see the day ... I tell you ...

all started last June ... After countless mazes and blunders of the school, and with the help and support of my TS CLSC I extorted a meeting with the school, meeting that management could not refuse politically more .. We've finally set up an action plan taking into account not only their academic needs, as was the case until today, but also need emotional Thomas. Well, That was a good start ... The summer has passed, and September 2010 arrived.

As every earlier this year, I requested a meeting with the new teacher and new TES Tom. Appointment obtained 10 days after the school year (Ah! no no no! I will not wait one month :-)). Strong past experience, I went equipped with my little folder: Intervention Plan (IP), history of Thomas, informative document on Asperger Syndrome, the little guide'interventioin school (a small wonder, by the way!), and a good sharp verb: We do not force a child with ASD make eye contact when spoken to. It does not increase your ... We do not punish ... We use positive reinforcement to the death ... He was permitted to leave the classroom when anxiety or distress is on the rise, ... He gives 25% more time for exams, etc. ... And she answered me. "But Madame! Everything you say is going to be!" . And wham! straight to the heart! Wow! What turnaround! Is that the damsel, notwithstanding his youth, knows the world of autism and ASD ....

Today, Thomas agrees to do his homework! ;-) He is happy in the morning to go to school. He can verbalize his needs a little more. The response plan is followed to the letter. More yet! TES reinvented according to the needs of Tom :-))) and that's going to flatter her hair when Tom feels the need! Re-Wow (I'm usually the only one able to touch as well ).... This is the first school year or the director just say hello ... In other years, he avoided me! ,-P Besides, I still hesitate between anger and fear, to explain this strange behavior !!...;- p.. And, finally, his record went from secondary priority for the screening of dyslexia within school ...

What change of behavior from my son! Of course, Thomas was aged in 2 months ... He has aged ... 2 months! :-) Of course, Lawrence, Mister + ADHD is medicated (see article Family and medication: yet ???). Of course, IDRC embraquƩ with us last July ... Yet I am convinced that these reasons did not have a secondary impact on Thomas ... If today my son seems happy, less anxious and happy to go to school, it is primarily because the school provided him at last! a platform adapted to their needs. Because at last! he feels secure and valued. So yes, Thomas belongs in a school and a class called normal. It was enough to use the resources available, and open mind ... When you think it was so much to do! ...

The first battles with the school term 4 years .... 4 YEARS!! It's long! Of course, there will be others! Anyway! It's good to feel the stress fall! phew! A real little happiness! No matter that this decline is temporary, we will exploit to the fullest!

And it continues ....
My daughter Sarafaye, started school this year. So I Lawrence in 6th, 4th and Tom Sarafaye in kindergarten ... I suspect Sarafaye ADHD ... And as all this was a love story ... with the genes! Here is the new slogan of the family: "The ZOO Black Sheep": where you will find under one roof and rare specimens ... very precious! :-)

No! I have not forgotten you! ... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment